Featured
Daniel C Csa
map-marker Marion, Indiana

I'm not getting all my channels

Spectrum - I'm not getting all my channels
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
I was told that there may be some kind of discount on my bill to make up for the channels I'm paying for but aren't getting due to conflict with spectrum and ESPN and Disney!! I don't believe any of the BS until I get my Bill !!! This is aggravating to say the least !! I might have to buy a smart TV in order to watch my shows ,and ditch cable !!
Pros:
  • Convenient
Cons:
  • Expensive

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Check all fine print and cover your *** !!

Liba Cvl
map-marker New York, New York

Really angry. You inserted Firm Ware right into an important program.

You knocked off the program that was over when you left. It was part of an important series. April 9 9:50 pm.Why can't you run those things during the night! O automatic I guess, *** Very upset! Others in town also complaining.

User's recommendation: Star away from Spectrum!

| map-marker Kingman, Arizona

No communication

Nationwide auto transport company. They have my $, they have my vehicle.

I don't know wjere my vehicle is. Endless hours of trying to contact them. Delivery date was yesterday. I am clueless about any updates.

I have somehow managed to contact the so called driver. He seems to change names and numbers every few hours so no help there. I do however have lots of call logs, messages, pictures of my disabled body becoming unrecognizable. So they do not have one minute to update me or anything, but they will have to make time to answer and try and explain their way out to a judge in a court of law.

My mission is to stop this inhumane, uncaring, ridiculous behavior. I will be a thorn in their sides for quite some time.

I'm begging anyone and everyone not to become a helpless victim of ROADRUNNER AUTO TRANSPORT AND NAVIMOTOR LLC. Ty for this platform to expose this criminal behavior.

User's recommendation: Please do not become a helpless victim to Roadrunner Autotransport or Navimotor LLC. MY mission is only to make them accountable for their actions. Companies as these 2 are, need to either be forced to ne accountable or be shut down. Their actions are not only inhumane, unprofessional but downright criminal

Guest

File a stolen car report with the sheriff. They missed the scheduled delivery date and are incommunicado.

Now you don't even know the approximate whereabouts of your property ; by design or by accident that is not right. See what response they have when the process server or a sheriff's detective shows up at their door.

Alexus L Cbu

| map-marker Greenville, South Carolina

Live representative, (Brian) from the chat team. And also spoke with a female from the phone support team

The guy from the chat was just absolutely nonchalant and disengaged , he did not put customer care first. I've worked customer service for 8+ years and would never show as much dullness and lack of customer care in my life.

Completely wasted my time and didn't even try to resolve my issue, spoke to me as if I were incomprehensive. Once getting on the phone, at first relieved, but then the woman began to have an irritated tone with me, speaking to me as if I were a child as well completely disregarding my issue at hand. Distasteful and discomforting experience for something nothing but $10, could have been simply resolved. I'm highly dissatisfied and frustrated and seriously considering switching services.

Yes, all because of bad customer service. Websites need to be properly updated to ensure no confusion or error. Advertisement needs to be properly executed and not half-assed. My account has fluctuated every single month since September up to as much as $60 while only supposing to pay $20 a month all because of an employee mistake and I still had to pay.

I understand people make mistakes but this is all out rediculous. 0 out of 10.

Loss:
Pros:
  • When the representatives actually take pride in customer satisfaction
Cons:
  • Pay rate flunctuating
  • False advertising

Preferred solution: I’d love to get the actual promotion I was offered. Better speed because this is outrageous.

User's recommendation: Look into the promotions thoroughly before purchase.

Kalena 2024

Lousy

Spectrum - Lousy
Spectrum - Lousy - Image 2
Initially I set up over the phone and Aisha lied through her teeth about my monthly bill, its double what she told me! Been in contact with corporate for a year and a half about issues to include initial set up going wrong! Im fed up with error messages, no internet, outages and being charged an arm and a leg. They should compensate for all the hours we pay for and get nothing. Not too mention the many visits to my home to troubleshoot and change equipment, DO BETTER!
Cons:
  • Service actually getting worse

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don’t use!

Jerome H Lpv

Cable and internet off and when on only stays on briefly

Spectrum - Cable and internet off and when on only stays on briefly
Cable service is *** poor I have been without proper service for over two weeks, they can tell when there are issues with their system and line then wait until you call and set up an appointment which delays your service. And they continue to raise the price of product
Cons:
  • Service always going down

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Get dish unless you like looking at a blank screen

Featured

Spectrum Dug Up My Yard But We Aren't Even Spectrum Customers - Image 2
Spectrum Dug Up My Yard But We Aren't Even Spectrum Customers - Image 3
Spectrum Dug Up My Yard But We Aren't Even Spectrum Customers - Image 4
Updated by user Sep 03, 2023

No sir! Not Ever Ever Ever!

Updated by user Sep 02, 2023

3 Days has passed since Spectrum damaged our home and tey are still No Call No Show!!!! Not a Trustworthy company.

Original review Sep 02, 2023
on Thursday, Aug 30, 2023, some strange guy from Spectrum pulled up to our home, bypassed the front door, enter the backyard and starting burying wires in our yard. I asked who he was and he replied, Spectrum.

I told him to stop, called the cops and the guy jetted! Left large holes and about 50 feet of orange wire in my back yard. I have spoken to Spectrum and received a bunch of lies. Today is Saturday Sept 2, 2023.

So this Spectrum chump caused all of this damage, abandoned equipment, and ran off before the cops got here and my yard still has holes. No one has called us nor has anyone showed up. The catch is, WE ARE NOT SPECTRUM CUSTOMERS!!! Charter Spectrum NEVER should of been on my property let alone without my EXPRESSED permission.

So, since we have not had out property repair nor even been given an apology, we will be following up with legal action Tuesday morning, the day after labor day. Spectrum is a very trashy company. Not trustworthy AT ALL. Not the service.

Not the tech. Not custommer service. Total Scammers! Totally.
There is no proof of purchase because we declined all services from them.

They came and did this ANYWAYS! No means NO CREEPS!
Cons:
  • Manipulators
  • Will take your money and never give you what you actually paid fo
  • Incapable

Preferred solution: Stay Away From My Family!!!!!!!!!!!! Constitutionally! Stay the away!!!!!

User's recommendation: Stay Away From My Family Creeps

Guest

I have a long review here on pissedconsumer.com about July 20, 2022 when Spectrum forced customers "across the board" (quote from the phone rep) to agree to a new terms of service or ALL of Spectrum's customers' services would be shut down. The day it happened, services were already being shut down without prior notice.

Later when I complained to various state and federal agencies, Spectrum lied about what happened and the agencies backed off.

What they did was extortion of their customers by holding services hostage in order to force customers to immediately agree to new terms of service. It worked very well.

Raymond K Veh

| map-marker Lompoc, California

False Advertising

I signed up with Spectrum through their Duke Energy Partner (Broker), Tiffany on 1-11-24. I self-installed it on 1-19-24.

I was originally trying to sign up with Xfinity, or Verizon. Tiffany told me that neither of them were Fiber Optics, but that Spectrum was. I let her know that I didnt want Spectrum, because of the past issues that we had experienced with them. She assured me that by getting the 500mb internet package, that would be more than enough speed for our household.

She said that Spectrum was a Fiber Optic Internet & Cable Service. I found out that was a lie! She said that since the line was hot (meaning that it was already set up for Spectrum service), I could pick up the equipment and have service right away, after the activation. I had problems with the service from the day that I picked up the equipment.

My phone would also freeze, while connected to their network.

I had to have 3 technicians come out to the home. I was constantly on the phone with them, about service interruptions, and the TV/internet freezing up. Each time that I scheduled a technician to come out, they told me that a Line Tech would be coming out to the home. While he was running tests on the internet speed, he put his wet feet up on the wall, and tracked water all over the house.

Thats when I called Customer Service and told him that he had to leave. Thats also when I found out that the service wasnt Fiber Optics, via the Supervisor, Leah.

This was absolutely the last straw. The Cable and internet went out during the Superbowl (the biggest game of the year)! They didnt even want to credit my account.

I told them that I would be switching my service with them. Now they want to call me every day, since I have left them. We have turned in all their equipment. We shouldnt owe Spectrum anything.

We lost time off work, and countless hours on the phone with them. They are still billing us.

We dont owe them $454.54 (or even close to that amount). Please zero out our account.

Cons:
  • Cons they con you from day one spectrum lies

Preferred solution: I shouldn't be charged at all. We had to call them all of the time, take off work, not have access to internet, or cable (most of the time). Zero out the bill that they sent us.

User's recommendation: Steer clear of Spectrum. They LIE, LIE, LIE!

map-marker Garland, Texas

Inconsistent connection to internet and 10 days into next moth still charged for full month!

Spectrum - Inconsistent connection to internet and 10 days into next moth still charged for full...
Spectrum - Inconsistent connection to internet and 10 days into next moth still charged... - Image 2
I started the service end of November 2023 and by February I had numerous service calls even new equipment and still ongoing no internet connection interruptions in my TV and security camera. So, I discontinued service on 2-28 which was 11 days into new billing cycle which started 2-17 and I was still auto charged for service until 3-16. Im told basically to bad you should have waited until end of your cycle to change services. RIP off!

User's recommendation: Go anywhere else even if you pay more so you will have a reliable service provided by an ethical company!

Michael T Eja
map-marker Austin, Texas

Because he was

Spectrum - Because he was
To explain to you my last communications with my last phone call to you.the man I talked to was very intelligent man I will always have spectrum as my phone.tv and internet.my name is Michael Thomas I live in Austin Texas and my phone number is 737308**** I didnt catch the young mans name but was every bit of a professional thats for such great service

User's recommendation: Please do your self a favor get spectrum you won’t have any problems just great tv and great internet service and you also you get great professionals

Florence A Dgf
map-marker Arlington, Texas

To renew my house internet

Spectrum - To renew my house internet
Spectrum - To renew my house internet - Image 2
Spectrum - To renew my house internet - Image 3
Spectrum - To renew my house internet - Image 4
Spectrum - To renew my house internet - Image 5
I am unable to renew I was on auto-renew and card has a problem in which the bank gave me another card I would I like to continue on auto-renew if possible please can you help to

User's recommendation: Good

Lisa G Qjq

| map-marker Adelaide, South Australia

Totally messed up transfer of service, couldn't explain charges

I moved my 82 year old mom's service to her new address. The new address didn't need wi-fi so her new phone & cable bill would be close to $200 per month, down from over $250 which is ridicuolous gouging of an elderly person living on social secuirty.

When the new bill came to the new address they said she owed $411!! I spent the past 3 months trying to get someone to explain to me what all these extra charges were for. They completely screwed it up chargeing her for wifi, sports channel ( as if!) un-returned equipment. ALL WRONG.

One rep said " Oh they should have automatically upgraded her, its included" and sent her these 2 stupid xumo boxes that come with monthly fees that are not "included" and the repo completely misled us, so we had to send those back. I continued to pay monthly for the new charges accrued but refused to pay what I felt was not correct until someone could explain it to me. I couldn't get anyone to send me a break down of what they state she owes. I spoke to 5 different people and sent letters with the copies of invoices to ask for help.

Got NOTHING but late fee charged to her. Finally tonight it took an hour and 2 more reps to determine that the fee was a "pro-rated amount left from her old account". I have no way of really knowing if that is true becuase they can't send me in writing what they told me over the phone. "they don't do that".

The are the WORST monopoly. Awful service as no one freakin knows what the charges really are, overpriced, taking advantage of people, sneaking in bull-shit charges with no clear explanation.

They are a lowlife, sleazy operation. Give me more time and I'll tell you what I really think!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • There are no pros only problems with this company
Cons:
  • Price gouge you because there are no other cable companies

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't use Spectrum. Stream or do anything but use them.

Bernard S Kde

Verified Reviewer

I called jan 31 24 because the cable box said I didn’t have espn2so I couldn’t watch the championship football game between Detroit and San Francisco but if I paid a few more dollars he could turn it

Spectrum - I called jan 31 24 because the cable box said I didn’t have espn2so I couldn’t watch...

But if I added a few more dollars to my account he could get it turned on right away but what he didnt say was that it was free on nbc. Then he he talked me into getting 2 Apple Watch series 9 but they sent the 49mm watch and an se watch we called and they sent us the right watch and due to a family emergency my wife didnt send it back on time and they said they will not take it back and I have to pay for it but first they lied saying my bank denied my initial payment and that they sent me an email on 3-31-24 stating that and that was a lie and my phone had been turned off because of a mixup between social security and our bank so I paid it Friday 4-5-24 and now they want to cancel it on 4-11-24 so thats a ripoff as well

Loss:
Cons:
  • Lie and cheat their customers

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid spectrum and charter communications

map-marker Wandsworth, England

I want unlocked my phone please

Spectrum - I want unlocked my phone please
Spectrum - I want unlocked my phone please - Image 2
Spectrum - I want unlocked my phone please - Image 3
Hi my name is Hangaw Omer i live in the UK I got iPhone and the (imei number : 35 7917** **8102 8) can you help me please help me to unlock my phone please and I dont know what should i do please

User's recommendation: My IMEI number (357917****81028) and i want unlock my phone please

Resolved
Aerial Dng

| map-marker Memphis, Tennessee

Resolved: Complaint against installer

Spectrum - Complaint against installer
Updated by user Dec 14, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I had to Keep calling them and they finally realized I was being charged without any service. I was given a refund for that time.

Original review Nov 28, 2023
First of all he only installed 2 rooms and left on another call before finishing. The wifi worked a few hours and now I have no Internet or anything. And now I have to wait another week to do the job he didn't finish in the first place. Then he tried to charge me 50 dollars at my home. So yes I'm not happy at all.Run
Tamara C Unq

Verified Reviewer

I actually hate these people at this point

Spectrum - I actually hate these people at this point
Spectrum - I actually hate these people at this point - Image 2
In the month of December (yup right before Christmas) I paid my bill or thought I paid my bill. Spectrum highly suggests you use their mobile app I did. All of the payments I made went to my previous adress(moved 3 months ago)! Thinking it was my mistake kept retrying to pay them to the tune of over $1500! Still waiting on the refund. Billed for the full month of December even though their services were unusable through no fault of mine. Ridiculous! Time to find a new internet provider!
Loss:
Pros:
  • It works great
Cons:
  • Price
  • Customer service
  • Billing

Preferred solution: There are many things I want cash back, a refund and an apology

Resolved
Herman L Njo

| map-marker Rochester, New York

Resolved: I was scammed into switching to the new razor phone believing it was free but spectrum would not let me print out a return label now I am responsible for the new razor phone over 800 dollars I am a 61

Updated by user Mar 17, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They gave me discounts on services to make up for the cost

Original review Mar 02, 2024
I am a 61 year old disabled person and I have no way of paying for a new razor phone that spectrum lured me into taking I was supposed to return my old phone but the system wouldn't let me print a return label now I am responsible for the new razor phone

User's recommendation: Be aware of this scam

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article