5413 E State Road 64, Bradenton, FL 34208

I phoned Spectrum to have my monthly bill reduced (they continually and gradually hike the price up and you have to call to have it reduced -Have done this over a period of years). I had just lost my Husband the month before and was preparing to put my house on the market.

Spectrum's customer service rep. stated that they would lock in a the lower rate to where it was before and said she had to read a statement to me. I listened and listened and probably stopped listening and then said "sure".

Two months later I phoned Spectrum to close my account. They informed me that I was tied into a 5 year $6,000 contract!!!! I said that I had never had a contract with Spectrum in the many years I had been a customer. They said "Oh yes, you do, you agreed verbally and we have it on tape". "If you want a copy, we need a supoena to do so". I must have spoken to a minimum of 5 people (managers?) in Customer service and they all read from the same script. They have violated or at least skirted the edge of consumer protection laws. They still insist I owe 75% of the contract that I was to have supposedly "agreed to".

I will spread this incident everywhere I can. They like to pull "fast one's".

They are deplorable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Spectrum Customer Care.

Spectrum Cons: How dishonest the customer service rep was.

Comments