Received a letter from Charter/Spectrum dated January 12, 2019 from Kathleen Grifffin, VP, Marketing Communications, saying Cinemax* would no longer be included in the Spectrum TV* Silver Package as of February 15, 2019.

I'm currently on my 3rd phone call trying to find out if Spectrum will be reducing the monthly charge for my Silver progrtamming package due to the company reducing the services they are providing.

Currently 51 minutes and waiting to talk to a representative in the "retention dept."

My guess is they are waiting for me to get so frustrated by waiting so long that I'll hang up.

My opinion is they want to keep the customer service expectations as low as possible and keep charging for services they will discontinue, yet keep charging $119.98 per month for TV alone.

I've been a customer for 5-1/2 years and the costs have continued to increase every year. In addition, to the Silver package, I have a landline costing $19.99, internet service costing $59.99. After taxes and fees my total monthly charge is $227.51 monthly which amounts to a cost of $2,730.12 yearly.

So all Spectrum is doing is screwing their customers and "retention" is an oxymoron in their corporate world.

Current phone call is now 1 hour 4 minutes.

If I ran my company the same way Spectrum runs their's, I would be out of business and bankrupt.

Still waiting 1 hour 17 minutes.

Sincerely,

Dan Halbert

dehalbert7406@msn.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Spectrum Silver Tv Package.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments

I got the same letter and downgrade with no reduction in bill.this nothing more than outright theft.